The Town of La Conner’s easement dilemma
July 21, 2021
To expand on the Maple Avenue property scorecard in last week’s Weekly News, for the record:
1. La Conner buys the Maple Avenue ballfield property from the Hedlin family.
2. La Conner creates a restrictive covenant protecting for the public “in perpetuity” 24,000 square feet.
3. La Conner creates three easements; one crosses the park parcel.
4. La Conner sells the remaining ballfield property, and the easements, to Landed Gentry.
5. As Maple Field, developer Landed Gentry presents an agreement for partial extinguishment of the park-crossing easement to council July 13.