Fire burns more than pizza at Brewery


FIRE IN THE HOLE - A fire in the chimney of La Conner Brewery's pizza oven caused litle damage last Saturday. The La Conner Hook and Ladder Department was there in minutes, going through the front door as well - photo by Judy Booth

Fire broke out in the La Conner Brewery’s pizza oven around noon Saturday. Within minutes the La Conner Hook and Ladder Department were at the scene, entering the building from First Street and climbing on the roof from Second Street.

Fire Chief Josh Morrison said his crew had to “Figure out where the chimney was hot then we had to go to extinguish where it was hot. They were able to snuff out the fire from the top as well as the bottom of the chimney.”

Morrison reported “just minor damage, at the top of the chimney, that was repaired later that day.” He said the Brewery was close...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments(0)


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2024